Some weeks deciding what to eat is very simple and the next I go completely blank. I have a decent amount of go-to recipes that I rotate out, but I also like to mix it up with new ones! I either go check the meal plan guides to all my Beachbody workout programs or browse Pinterest. This recipe came from Pinterest and can be found here. I modified it a bit so I’m going to share below how I made it.
This meal was very easy and tasty! The part that took the longest is prepping all the veggies. Hello nap time meal prep!
What you need:
- 1 pack of smoked sausage
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 red potatoes
- 1 bag of baby carrots (you won’t use them all)
- Olive oil – 5 tbs is what I used – I will use a few more next time based on the amount of veggies
- Garlic Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
I honestly don’t measure seasonings. I just shake them until it looks good. I did put too much of the red pepper flakes. I recommend only a few shakes of this if you don’t want it too hot.
Once you have washed all the vegetables
- Cut the zucchini in half then slice
- Cut the florets on the broccoli
- Slice the red potato in half then cut into smaller pieces so they will be tender
- Chop the carrots into small pieces – I grabbed multiple handfuls until it looked like enough on the pan
- Slice the smoked sausage
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line pan with aluminium foil
- Mix all seasonings in a small bowl
- Place all veggies on the pan
- Pour seasoning mix over veggies and toss them heavily to coat
- Add sausage and mix as well
- Place in oven for 15 minutes – remove and toss veggies
- Put back in oven for 15 minutes
- Remove and serve over rice
When I made it for lunch today, I added a little bit of worcestershire sauce to it. It was delicious with or without it! Next time I may add onion and mushrooms to this. It is an easy recipe to mix up what veggies you plan to use.